Parent & Child Classes
Green Meadow offers weekly Parent & Child/Infant playgroups for preschool-aged children in a private school setting, providing parents with an opportunity to learn more about the principles of Waldorf Early Childhood education and how they can be applied in the home. The atmosphere is one of warm and supportive companionship with other families, facilitated by a Waldorf educator to form a beautiful experience for both parents and children.
Children come to…
- Explore a child-friendly environment that challenges and nurtures, with simple play materials.
- Delight in special attention given to support their unfolding interests, motor abilities, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience social interaction in play that stimulates their speech and language development.
- Engage with other children at their stage of development, while developing social capacities.
Parents come and…
- Experience an environment that encourages the valuable exchange of ideas and information.
- Explore the value of observation in seeing and understanding what their children are doing and how they are learning as they play.
- Delight in the joy of sharing songs and games with their children that support speech and language development.
- Meet other parents and find a community of sharing and support.
- Discover new tips for parenting and caregiving.
Fall Session 2018
For all classes:
Younger siblings welcome free of charge until their half-birthday, and as a paying child after their half-birthday (6 months old). Sibling discount information coming soon.
Make-up classes are held only when class is cancelled due to inclement weather.
8:45- 10:15am for children ages 1-2 years old, with Hiromi Niwa
10:45-12:15 for children ages 3 months to 1 year, with Hiromi Niwa
$390 for a 13-week session
October 1, 15, 22, 29
November 5, 12
December 3, 10, 17
January 14, 28
(February 11: make-up day if needed)
10:30 to 12:00 for children ages 1-2 years, with Hiromi Niwa
$480 for a 16-week session
October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
November 6, 13, 27
December 4, 11, 18
January 8, 15, 22, 29
(February 5: make-up day if needed)
Wednesday and Thursday: New Program for Two-Year-Olds
Starts on September 20, 2018 and ends on May 30, 2019, following the school calendar.
Tuition: $2850 for the school year.
9-11am for children ages 2-4 years old, with Jessica Oswald
$560 for a 14-week session
October 4, 11, 18, 25
November 1, 15, 29
December 6, 13, 20
January 10, 17, 24
(January 31 and February 14: make-up days if needed)
Saturday Forest Program
10am-12pm for children ages 2-4 years old, with Jessica Oswald
October 6, 20, 27
November 3, 10, 17
December 1, 8, 15
January 12, 19, 26
February 2, 16: make-up days if needed)
Please join us for some time in the forest. These weekly classes, on Saturdays from 10am-noon, are nurturing for both parent and child alike. We will gather to build a fire, prepare a meal, cook over the fire, and eat together. Interwoven throughout the morning will be songs, fingerplays, verses, and ample time for the children to explore the forest.
Spaces fill quickly: register today!
Please fill in the application form and email to email@example.com, or send it by postal mail (address below). Payment must be made together with the application, or if the application is submitted by email, within 7 days following your application, to secure a place. The classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis upon receipt of payment. Confirmation of enrollment will be sent on or after September 1, 2018.
If your child is slightly younger or older than the age range, and you feel unsure which class is right for him/her, or if you have any other questions, please email Hiromi Niwa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard copies of the form can be picked up at the office of the Director of Admissions, Melissa McDonagh, which is on your right as you enter the Main Entrance of the Lower School Building.
Green Meadow Waldorf School
Attn: Kim Frattura
307 Hungry Hollow Rd., Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977