Work at Green Meadow
Join a wonderful group of enthusiastic colleagues who participate wholeheartedly in the life of our school!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, generous retirement and health insurance contributions, and access to subsidized housing.
Green Meadow is an independent Preschool-12th grade school, located in Rockland County, NY on a pastoral campus, which includes a school farm, woodlands, and meadows. Celebrating our 71st anniversary this year, we are committed to in-person learning, providing our students with opportunities for outdoor education and to learn within an inclusive community that reflects the diversity of NY state.
Our school’s approach provides a setting in which students can develop into independent individuals in a holistic way. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, generous retirement and health insurance contributions, and access to subsidized housing.
Applicants should have an interest in and previous understanding of Waldorf pedagogy and its background in anthroposophy (Waldorf certification is required for many positions). We are looking for flexible, enthusiastic colleagues with a sense of humor, who will participate wholeheartedly in the life of the school. Our school encourages professional development through mentoring by master teachers and support for attending conferences and courses.
Successful applicants will be joining a vibrant faculty and be able to partake of the benefits of an established anthroposophical community in suburban New York. Chestnut Ridge is about 20 miles from the cultural offerings and diversity of NYC and close to large state parks. Our school contains an enlivening mix of seasoned, maturing, and newer teachers. The overall enrollment of our school is around 220 students. Green Meadow is accredited by AWSNA and NYSAIS.
Positions will be open for a minimum of two weeks from posted date or until filled.
In addition to being posted on this page, current openings are always posted at Waldorf Today.
FOR ALL FACULTY POSITIONS
A completed application will include: GMWS Application for Teaching Position (see below), a letter of interest, resume, and three references. Please submit all applications to: Sophia Dunn-Fox, Assistant to the Administrator, at email@example.com.
All employees need to pass a background check, including fingerprinting and must possess the legal right to work in the United States.
Green Meadow Waldorf School is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. People of color and others underrepresented in our community are encouraged to apply.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR FULL-TIME POSITIONS
Class Teacher 2024-25
Green Meadow Waldorf School is Seeking a Class Teacher for 2024-2025
Green Meadow supports its teachers with everything they need to be successful, including an innovative and vibrant faculty, financial support for continuing education, collaborative leadership, and a strong mentoring program. Come join us if you are a Waldorf Teacher seeking a community of like-minded teachers, supportive parents, active Board members, and collaborative school leadership.
We are seeking an energetic, bright and warm-hearted teacher, committed to the ideals of Waldorf education who would like to join a vibrant Waldorf community. We are committed to Waldorf principles, mindful land stewardship, and providing our students with opportunities for outdoor education and learning within an inclusive community that reflects the diversity of NYS.
Green Meadow Waldorf School has an outstanding faculty of class teachers, special subject, high school, and early childhood teachers who foster a spirit of innovation and are committed to Waldorf pedagogy, and anthroposophy. Our circle of class teachers works together to provide a strong foundation for our lower school. We have an excellent, multi-faceted student support program to identify learning differences and support students as needed.
Job requirements include a four-year college degree and advanced degree preferred, Waldorf teacher training or a commitment to complete Waldorf teacher training and Waldorf teaching experience or other relevant experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a spirit of collaboration.
The Green Meadow Waldorf School was founded in 1950 and serves students in parent-child through twelfth grade. Our beautiful school is located on a 140-acre campus that includes a farm, forests, streams, and gardens. Being part of the Threefold Educational Foundation community allows us to work together with sister organizations such as the Pfeiffer Center for Biodynamics, the Fibercraft Studio, the Eurythmy School, the Fellowship Community, Sunbridge, Otto Specht School, the Co-op, etc. Our Farm Kindergarten is on the Duryea Farm, a working biodynamic farm embedded within the multigenerational Fellowship Community.
Green Meadow offers competitive salaries and a strong benefits plan, which includes health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, long-term care, 403 B Pension, tuition remission, mentoring and professional development opportunities.
Community Engagement Manager (part time)
Primary Job Mandate: Inspire a culture of engagement and philanthropy at GMWS through community engagement activities and events, partnering with the Philanthropy Manager, Director of Operations, and Institutional Advancement Committee.
Essential duties: Event planning, on-site preparations and day-of event execution, communications/marketing for events, volunteer recruitment, alumni relations.
Required experience and skills:
- 3+ years in the field of event management, volunteer management, alumni relations, and/or community engagement coordination
- Seasoned writer and editor
- Microsoft suite, Google suite, Mailchimp
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with parents and alumni families (customer service focused)
- Capacity to manage multiple projects at once, attention to deadlines, excellent organizational skills
- A self starter who enjoys relationship and community building
- Events: Comprehensive management of all signature school events and promotion for Fall Fair (October), Benefit & Auction (March), May Festival/Grandfriends Day, Graduation and Moving Up hospitality (June)
- Auction: partnering with Philanthropy Manager, solicit for in-kind donations and arrange online auction website with auction platform
- Volunteers: Recruit, train and manage volunteers via committee work and volunteer management systems
- Parent Coffee Hours: organizing and hosting coffee hours at the Threefold Cafe and on campus
- Manage online GMWS spiritwear store and orders: GMWS branded items for alumni and employees
- Hospitality: Organize, log, and manage all hospitality/event-related items in various storage locations, support basic GMWS hospitality needs as directed
- Communications: Event promotion through Mailchimp, website, mailings, signage, weekly email to community (Seven Days)
Alumni Relations: Responsible for planning, executing, and attending Alumni and Alumni parent events, outreach activities, and communications
- Communications: Outreach to alumni and alumni parents through Mailchimp, Substack, GMWS Connect, Alumni Facebook page
- Institutional Advancement Committee: participate as a member, support committee work, and liaise with Advisory Board committee members
- Events: Schedule and organize various Alumni family events – Alumni/Varsity Basketball games (January), Spring and Summer Gatherings, Fall Fair Alumni Tent and Alumni Parents breakfast (October), Senior Luncheon and young alumni panel (mid/late May), develop new stewardship events and activities (graduating seniors’ parents event)
- Reunions: Manage reunion schedule of outreach and support through funding, hospitality, and GMWS logo gifts
- Care Packages: In November/early December, for most recent graduates
Typical Hours: .6 FTE, flexible work schedule, hybrid onsite and remote possible; some mandatory evenings and weekends for events
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Lynne Wu, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
View All Job Postings on Waldorf Today.
Feel free to reach out and contact us with any questions you may have regarding employment at Green Meadow.